Mutt Strut Information
Mutt Strut 1-mile walk benefiting Shelby Humane Society. Walkers welcome with or without pets!
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Check-In Opens at 9:30AM.
Walk Begins at 11AM.
Get Your Tail in Gear! Register and Fetch Sponsors!
Registration free is $15 per person. Click here to download the registration form and submit with $15 registration fee. Dogs and children under the age of 16 may participate for free with registered adult. (Please review the Walk Rules before registering.) You may register at Bark in the Park between 9:30-10:45AM on the day of the event.† NOTE: Only participants who register before September 15th are guaranteed an event t-shirt.
2. Create a Fundraising Webpage
Create your own personal webpage. Upload pictures and tell a story about why you and your pet are walking at Mutt Strut.
3. Fetch Sponsors
Fetch as many sponsors as you can! The more you raise, the more you can win and the more you help! Make the first donation yourself to show your commitment. E-mail your fundraising webpage to everyone you know and watch the donations pile up.
4. Don't Forget to Make it a Competition!
Challenge your school, company, friends or neighbors to raise more funds! The top Mutt Strut fundraisers will be featured on the SHS website and in the next newsletter!
Put your paws to the pavement on Saturday, October 2 for Shelby Humane Society. Rain or shine! Check-in opens at 9:30 a.m. and the track will be open to walkers at 11AM.
WALK RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. The walk is a non-competitive leisurely one-mile stroll.
2. Check-in is from 9:30-10:45AM. The walk begins at 11AM.
3. Leave anything in your car that you donít want to carry on the walk.
4. You MUST clean up after your dog. Bags will be provided throughout Veteranís Park.
1. Limit 1 dog per adult walker.
2. All dogs must be on a regular (not retractable) leash.
3. All dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations.
4. Dogs suspected of aggression (and their owners) will be asked to leave.
5. Dogs in heat may not attend.
1. You must be 16 years or older to participate without an accompanying adult.
2. You must be 16 years or older to handle your dogís leash during Mutt Strut.
3. Adult walkers may accompany up to three youth walkers.
4. People suspected of aggression toward other people or dogs will be asked to leave.